Screen, Print and Stitch
Are you looking to build your skills as a surface design artist? Do you want to learn specific techniques that will help you to create beautiful fabrics for your art? Perhaps you are new to the world of mono printing, thickened dyes, screen printing and stamping and would like a solid foundation of knowledge that you can refer to again and again?
Then “Screen, Print and Stitch” is made just for you! In the past, these lessons have been separate workshops, but since so many of my students enroll in more than one of my surface design workshops it made sense to build a special group package with tons of value-added information. So now “Screen, Print and Stitch” is a more extensive journey into helping you build those skills that you’ve been wanting for your textile art!
Early Bird Registration
Sign up NOW for only $120.00
• to make your own “homemade” gelatin plate. You will use stencils, doilies, kitchen tools and more with textile paints and explore all the possible ways to get colour onto cloth.
• to make your own hand carved stamps as well as using found objects for more layers of colour.
• different ways of creating roller prints with cardboard tubes, texture and sponge rollers for amazing effects, take out the rolling pins!
• to make simple, basic silk screens that will meet all your needs and the appropriate paints and tools to use.
• to use freezer paper stencils and other masks, then move on to using soy wax on the screens with thickened dyes.
• other screen printing techniques will be demonstrated including Thermofax screens, using gel mediums for foil and special effects and how regular “blue gel glue” can be used as a resist!
• creative ways you can make pattern and colour on fabric using resist techniques such as PVC pipe and other tubes with painted and immersion dye baths
• and one lesson will be focused on the exciting results that can be achieved with stitched resists
Does this sound like a lot? Remember each lesson is paced so that you can learn at your own speed, you can download the video to watch anytime and to keep forever! With “Print, Screen and Stitch” you will get:
• all nine videos with over 5 hours of information packed value
• two Thermofax screens mailed directly to you with a creative design for printing
• a bonus lesson on compiling your creations into a unique and special fabric journal
• pages of written notes with all the dye recipes, resources, tips and hints that you’ll find so valuable for future reference!
• you have the option to join a private Facebook group that’s just for you to post pictures, see others inspiring fabrics and much more. It’s the best and most immediate way to get together!
Sign Up Now and get a Bonus!
A Private One-on-One Surface Design Mentoring Session – just for you!
30 minutes of conversation, advice and more….that will move you along your Surface Design journey! I’ll work with you to decide the best way to spend those 30 minutes together….it might be Skype, email, phone or ??
I’ve been a dyer and surface design artist for over 15 years. I’ve taken loads of workshops, I have advanced diplomas in textiles and art. Name a technique, I’ve tried it. Sometimes it takes lots of skill and practice to achieve success. And I get that….its part of being an artist!
Now, I want the same for you! I don’t keep anything back, I’m willing to share everything I know and I want you to have the value of what I’ve learned.
All of this is just for you because I know that colour and beauty is what we crave and having it on fabric just makes life so much better, right?
Be part of the fun and learn all about the new ways to create those gorgeous fabrics!
Learn More and Register HERE