Saturday, November 15, 2008

Even More Batik!



Here's a couple more pieces from my batik workshop. I'm especially pleased with the colours in the green/purple piece. Its a linen fabric so the texture and drape of the fabric is wonderful! I think I'd like to sell this one, it would be perfect as a purse or bag or even as a small quilt with appliqued layers. Any takers?
The other one I call Hard Copy, stronger images, with some screen printing and stamping under the layers. I wanted to achieve a more bold piece without it being warm or soft. I think I got it.

2 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I agree! I think the colors and movement in the green and purple piece are stronger.

One Creative Queen said...

Mmm I love both!! You did a great job - and I'm jealous. Wish I had the time/funds to take a class like that - your pieces turned out wonderfully!

Hugs,
Katherine