Monday, March 30, 2009

Sylvia Naylor Workshop

Last week I had the good fortune to take a class from a well known Canadian fabric artist. Sylvia Naylor has used fabric and thread in her work for many years and just happened to be teaching at a nearby quilt shop in Ottawa.
The topic was houses and we began by ripping coloured papers and glueing them down onto brown paper into a house design we liked. I made a design of three bright primary coloured houses with white trim. We then cut and ripped fabric onto a background and stitched it down. My piece needs lots more stitching and I think I'll add some paint washes to soften the background. But I have to wait until I get home next week for that.
Check out Sylvias web site at http://www.sylvianaylor.com



1 comment:

Tetra said...

It looks great. From a first look I would say it was a painting or something like this.