Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Colour to Cloth Class

I spent two sessions teaching in Nanaimo with six very talented and kind ladies. Wecovered several different surface design techniques and I think they did some very interesting and exciting work!



We created some deconstructed printing with screens that I had prepared with thickened dyes. the resulting images will be very organic and textured. The picture at the top that Irene made shows the results when I added rick rack to the thickened dye while it was drying. I think I'll try that one again.


Mary made this piece by screening with discharge paste and the colour was removed. Then two more screens with white and gold were added on top. Great layering of images....


Linda began an underwater scene with brayer printing, stencils and writing with a fine point nib. Lots of possibilites here!

No comments: