Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Books for my Library

I thought it might be fun to make a master list of art, stitch, quilt and technique books that I think are essential for the library of a Creative Spirit (that's any and all of us).
I'd love to hear from anyone with a few of their favourites. I'll compile them and post it on my blog. Any books that inspire or motivate you......

My list (no particular order) would include:
  • Surface Designers Handbook by Holly Brackman
  • Acrylic Revolution by Nancy Reyner
  • Creating Sketchbooks by Kay Greenlees
  • any of the Motif and Pattern books by Graham Leslie McCallum
  • Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland

I'd love to hear from you.....

3 comments:

Vic said...

I have a lot of books that I refer to. My two most frequently used (at the moment) are: Collage & Altered Art by Roni Johnson and Fabric Collage Art by Rebekah Meier.

Anonymous said...

Mine would include all of Nancy Crow's books. I have 2 out of the 3 she has published. Her first one is out of print.

Anonymous said...

I'd include these by Jean Ray Laury:
Quilts and Coverlets
Quilted Clothing
Creating Body Coverings
Applique Stitchery
Plus
The Instant Printmaker by Melvyn Petterson and Colin Gale
and
Portraits for Fabric Lovers by Marilyn Belford
and
The Art of Bead Embroidery by Heidi Kummli