Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Screen Printing for Christmas

Yesterday I went back to school....to teach a group of teens about simple screen printing. Their teacher, Karen, had asked me for a simple project that the children could create as gifts for Christmas. It was fun to think of something that would have some "cool" factor and that they could have a hand in creating.

We decided on muslin tote bags and I did some research for fonts and script that looked a bit like graffiti. I discovered a wonderful website for downloading hundreds of great fonts: http://www.dafont.com/ there are fonts in every style and type....wow!

Then I did a little research in graffiti and found lots of great information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti
I used my Thermofax machine and made up two screens using some fonts I had downloaded and the word 'believe' that the class had chosen as their motto.

The bags turned out really well, the children were thrilled with their results and I think their parents might get a pretty cool gift for Christmas.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great project.

That's for the links.