Monday, March 15, 2010

Fun and Funky Padfolio

I had a quiet Sunday and wanted to make something fun and quick. This project took me under 2 hours and I'm very pleased with the result. It measures about 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" and is sized for regular sheets of paper. It could be made larger or smaller, depending on one's needs.
I made the front part by fusing bits of torn paper, some batik scraps, coloured tulle with Misty Fuse between the layers. I then fused that part to a piece of Fast 2 Fuse from C&T Pub. http://www.ctpub.com/
I cut it out to measure 8" x 12 1/2".


I also cut the top ( 4" x 12 1/2") and back ( 9 1/2" x 12 1/2") from the Fast 2 Fuse and fused a bright batik on top. Be sure to use an applique pressing sheet or baking parchment to protect your iron and the fabric. I laid all three pieces onto the lining fabric and pressed well.

I cut out all the pieces and used a lovely Rainbows thread called Mango, Mango from Superior Threads http://www.superiorthreads.com/ and zig zagged around all the pieces twice.


I put the pieces together and stitched the front to the back along the sides and bottom, again with a zig zag stitich. The same with the top flap, but only along the top edge, so it can open.
A funky button and a length of cording I made were sewn onto the centre of the top flap and wrapped around to tie in place. Fun, isn't it and quick!!

No comments: