Saturday, February 11, 2012

What is Pinterest and Why Would I Want to Know?

My daughter introduced me to Pinterest, she told me that she uses it for her blog, toorganize sites that she visits, to bookmark pictures she wants to use as references. I think of it as a "virtual bulletinboard" and on the website, the Pinterest folks say:

Lots of people use Pinterest to get inspiration for the most important projects in their life. People use Pinterest to plan their vacations, redecorate their homes, and create menus for holiday dinners.

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
You can set up a board and invite people to view the images instead of emailing or sending them to visit various websites.

Right now I belong to a group that shares images on different elements of design, we "pin" the images and then other members can see what we have done.
Here are some recent images that I've "pinned" on my boards. Check out my boards at: http://pinterest.com/susanpmark/




No comments: