Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Ironing Surface

Only quilters could get excited about ironing surfaces....right? I'm starting a gradual redesign of my studio and we took a weekend trip to IKEA to pick up a few things. I bought a small kitchen island with wheels on one end so I can move it around my studio. You can check out the island here at the IKEA site: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80035920/



Don't you love the drawers and storage shelves too???

I added three layers of batting and two layers of muslin (separately so I can change the muslin when it gets dirty). And I'm thrilled with my 680 sq. inches of pressing surface!!!!





4 comments:

Sally said...

Wonderful---now if only I had the space!!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great idea. I have a cutting table with wheels but never thought about an ironing table with wheels.

BTW, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person when you come to my guild next year in North Dakota.

Susan Purney Mark said...

Hi Terri, I'm looking forward to my visit too!

Anonymous said...

To keep the muslin clean, iron a piece of freezer paper over it. When the freezer paper gets dirty, rip it off. No need to replace or launder the muslin.