Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Gift of Time

For the past four months I've been working, almost exclusively, to prepare to film a DVD on soy wax resists. I've sent many, many hours experimenting with different techniques and applications, rinsed and wash endless yards of fabric and had so much fun, angst and downright joy exploring all the different ways to use soy wax and colour on fabric.
I was all set to begin filming tomorrow. My producer was waiting for an important piece of equipment to arrive from Europe, and waiting and waiting....
So we decided after a few phone conversations yesterday to delay the filming for a month. We've re-booked flights and hotels and made new plans.

What has this meant to me? Well, its given me an unexpected gift of time to use. I had cleared the week of any commitments so we could devote it to the filming. Now I have a few days that I can use for other things....
What shall I do? Well, already I've said I'll baby sit my grandson for a morning and afternoon, cuddles and playtime is fun and we can go outside for walks together. My studio is clean, in preparation for filming, I had cleaned the carpets upstairs in anticipation and I even had a manicure, since you have to have "pretty hands" for the close-ups!


Now I can work on some projects that had been put aside, some paperwork that needs serious attention, a few blog posts to catch up on, I've promised to get some curtains hemmed and maybe prepare for a couple new quilts I'd like to work on......
But I don't want to overfill this unexpected gift with all work so I'm going to enjoy the sunshine (when it shows up) get outside, maybe into the garden, go for a couple of walks and be thankful for all I have, even the unexpected!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Beautiful post Susan.