Sunday, June 23, 2013

Books On Sunday

Last weekend I was teaching at the Minnesota Quilt show in Duluth, MN. When I teach I rarely have time for anything else, but I did sneak a few minutes to see the wonderful quilts on display. I usually don't shop for much at the vendors but I was on the lookout for the latest Quilt National 2013 book. I was thrilled to find it and spend much of my plane ride home looking through and admiring all the stunning work by 85 different artists.

In my dreams I would love to be accepted to this show, I think many would agree that it is the ultimate show for contemporary and innovative quilts in North America. The book showcases a wide range of styles, themes, sizes and techniques and gives voice to many of the voices and visions of quilt artists working today.
If you would like to see the winners of the exhibition check them out here: http://www.dairybarn.org/quilt/index.php?section=226&page=382
And if you'd like to order the book, go here: http://dragonthreads.com/books/quilt_national_13.htm
I think I'm going to work on an entry for next year!

No comments: