Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New Work - On a Roll!

When I got home after my travels I was feeling pretty tired. I spent a few days getting myself reorganized, unpacked (repacked too, but that's another story) and and generally re-orienting myself in my studio. Once that was done, I felt a little lost. No projects were burning a hole in me, no absolutely urgent deadlines to be met, so for a couple days I felt at loose ends.
So I took some time to putter about and not worry about working.....
Then early last week I got back into my groove and started working, really hard! Here's some of what I've done:




Friday Traffic and Rush Hour are mounted on frames and will be two of my entries into a show this fall. They measure 12" square and use my soy wax resist fabrics. Lots of heavy quilting!


Flywheel is also 12" square but has been backed and has a facing applied. I'm  beginning to really enjoy lots of dense quilting with heavy threads......
This one has no name, but perhaps you can suggest one? Again, lots of dense quilting. I may even cut it into a different shape......


As they used to say on Monty Python.....and now for something completely different! I finished this top today and have it sandwiched and ready for quilting. I may go and buy some grey threads, I seem to be lacking those in my stash! This is actually a prototype/practice piece for something I plan on later this fall. But I need to spend time with the wax pot and make more fabrics!
What have you been working on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work, Susan! How about the name "vortex" for the unnamed beautiful swirly piece?
You're certainly working hard!

Ann said...

How about 'Roundabout'? Beautiful work & I love, love the red, black & white. I must do something with all those blackn& white fabrics. Thanks for the inspiration as always

amie said...

Love the red and black..reminds me of snakes and ladders...how about that for a name!